Due to corona virus epidemic people travelling abroad have to quarantine themselves after returning to the country. During this period, habits like overeating, eating under stress, and eating inappropriately gets started. In such a situation, the risk of weight gain also increases. Therefore, it is important that you take care of your health while protecting against corona virus.
Being locked at home does not mean that you cannot adopt a healthy lifestyle. Today we are telling that even if you are not able to do workouts, you can still maintain health by taking special care of diet.
Plan and follow it
Eat a balanced diet that has a good amount of carbs, protein and fats.
Create a meal schedule.
Try to eat food on time, especially dinner between 7-8. Food is digested well by eating on time and several hours before bedtime. For the correct weight, your digestive system should be accompanied by good stomach health.
Eat wisely and eat healthy
If we eat fresh food, then our health will be good, so seasonal vegetables and fruits must be eaten in good quantity. Seasonal fruits contain antioxidants and are rich in fibre, which helps in weight loss. However, it is difficult to get fresh and seasonal food during the pandemic. In such a situation, try not to eat junk or processed food.
These 5 types of common things must be included in your meal during quarantine. These things will boost your immune system and also nourish the body.
1. Protein: Protein is very important for the body. Pulses such as kidney beans, chickpeas and black beans are rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. You can stock these pulses, as they are not perishable items.
2. Whole Grains: Your diet is incomplete without bread or rice; many people also include millet in food. The right amount of whole grains in the food not only ensures a lot of nutrients but also keeps the body from feeling sluggish.
3. Fruits and Vegetables: WHO recommends five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Eat fruits that are rich in Vitamin-C, Vitamin-A and Vitamin-B; Such as kiwi, orange apple, watermelon, pear etc. All these vitamins are necessary to keep your immunity strong.
4. Spices: It is easiest to store spices. Indian food is prepared by mixing a variety of spices. The most important of these are salt, red chilli powder, cumin, asafoetida, coriander, turmeric and mango powder. These spices are enough to make any food tasty and nutritious.
5. Nuts: Nuts i.e. dry fruits are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. You can also store these at home. Dry fruits such as cashews, almonds, raisins, pistachios can be stored for a long time.
6. Along with healthy eating, do workouts like yoga, meditation and cardio. This will relieve your stress and keep you healthy.
Drink plenty of water
Because you are at home all day, you may feel less thirsty, drink two litres of water a day. By drinking a good amount of water, not only do you avoid eating snacks, but you also improve your digestion with beautiful skin.
Stay away from sweet
If you want to lose weight, it is important that you know the difference between good and bad carbs. Things like white bread, cereals, pasta, donuts and cakes will not help you lose weight. So it is good to eat them sparingly.